Exposed aggregate concrete is a form of decorative concrete achieved by removing the top layer of cement paste and revealing the underlying aggregate.
The decorative aggregate now becomes a very durable, skid-resistant surface that is great for sidewalks, driveways, pooldecks, and patios.
ADVANTAGES OF EXPOSED AGGREGATE CONCRETE:
- You can achieve some highly decorative effects at a reasonable cost since very few additional materials are needed. Some decorative aggregates, a surface retardant and sprayer, and a garden hose are the basic things you'll need.
- The procedures are simple enough for any concrete finisher to master fairly quickly.
- The surface is strong, skid-resistant, wears very well, and handles all kinds of extreme weather.
- Many types of aggregates are available, large and small, colored, round, plus many many more.
- Blends well with other decorative concrete.
- Requires very little maintenance other than occasional cleaning with water and re-sealing every few years.
If you are in Phoenix and think your concrete could use a resurfacing or repair then you can count on All About Concrete LLC to get the job done at a fair price.